ECSM 2019 – several tips for your "cyber hygiene":
– Download and delete old e-mails.
– Delete or disable unused accounts.
– Delete unused apps and software packages, and update all remaining software.
– Disable interfaces of your devices (e.g., Bluetooth, WiFi).
– Back up important data.
– Check security and privacy settings of your accounts.
These are actually our recommendations, and we will publish some short articles about this topic.
Deleted e-mails can't be leaked or accessed by unauthorized parties. Most people don't keep their physical mail in their physical mailbox either. For instance, there is no reason to store 2-year-old e-mails. However, some people never delete their e-mails.
mastodon.at is a microblogging site that federates with most instances on the Fediverse. Note: This instance will shut down on February 29th, 2020.