Mastodon's Lists let you follow handpicked accounts on their own timeline.
The single-column interface makes it a bit easier to use them:
1. Click on "Lists" in the right sidebar
2. Enter a new list title, click + to create it
3. Click on the new list's name to open it
4. Click on the three sliders icon in the top right corner, click "Edit List"
5. Click "Search among people you follow" and enter keywords, then click + to add to your list
6. Click outside the box to close it
@switchingsocial any idea if there's a similar mechanism for following tags ?
On the multicolumn interface you can pin a hashtag search as an additional column, and add other hashtags to the same column if you want.
I don't think there is this option on single column yet?
@switchingsocial yes, that's what I was asking: if there's a method for achieving the pinned tag search in the single column layout.
Not as far as I know.
@switchingsocial I opened a feature request for this. Maybe someone has some free time and likes the idea.
@switchingsocial This toot made me wanna try the single-column interface now. Thanks for the screenshots!
I guess it depends on what size display you have, but it fills the screen on my laptop?
It's a matter of taste and hardware I guess.
Fortunately both options are available to everyone and it's really easy to switch back and forth 👍
Thanks for that. Didn't even realize we have lists in here. Do you know if there's a way (or a tool) to schedule toots, much like TwitterDeck?
I'm not sure, I think some apps may have that feature?
mastodon.at is a microblogging site that federates with most instances on the Fediverse.